HOME MADE VEGAN CREME EGGS

By 09:07 , ,

Each of the 6 years that I've been vegan I've missed out on indulging in Cadbury's Creme Eggs. It has been tough, but today my long endured suffering has ended. I decided to have a go at making these little creamy treats this Easter and it was WAY more simple than I had anticipated! Wanna find out how I did it?



You'll need
  • Egg moulds

    and
  • Mixer (hand or stand)
And the ingredients
  • 400g dairy free chocolate
  • 70g dairy free margarine
  • 200g golden syrup
  • 400g icing sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • yellow food colouring
NOTE: I found that I had quite a bit of excess filling so possibly use less for the 6 eggs that this one makes!
  1. Step one, melt the choc in a bain-marie


  2. Then line the moulds with it and try to spread it out as evenly as possible, right up to the edges of the mould. It's definitely better to use too much chocolate than too little! Then put it in the freezer to set (will definitely be set in half an hour in the freezer, possibly less time). Keep some of the melted chocolate behind for sealing the halves together.

  3.  While the choc is setting make the filling. Mix the butter, syrup and vanilla extract using the mixer, sift the sugar in, and combine. Then separate out around a third of the mixture and add the food colouring (I used a whole tube to make it super yellow!)

  4. Take the eggs out of the freezer and get filling! I would recommend filling the eggs less than I've done in the pictures. Spoon the white mixture into each of the half eggs, then blob in the yellow in the centre of each of them.

    TIP! This is your chance to reinforce any parts of the eggs that are looking a little breakable. Use some of the left over melted chocolate to cover any parts that are looking thin then put them back in to set.


  5. This next bit is slightly tricky! Using a knife spread melted chocolate around the edges of the half eggs then press them together. I wanted to ensure they were completely sealed so used a load of chocolate and spread it around the outside edges along the seal too. I'm sure if this was done more carefully they'd look a bit more polished than mine do! Fortunately I didn't mind that the appearance wasn't perfect!



  6.  Put them back in the freezer for half an hour to seal together. Then comes the exciting bit! Carefully remove them from the cases and admire; they're done! :)






    That simple! Do you think you'll have a go?

You Might Also Like

0 comments