PANCAKES WITH HOMEMADE NUTELLA
(click title for more!)
Desserty indulgence is definitely the most missed treat when you're living dairy-free! I have a super basic pancake recipe that requires just 3 ingredients - it's always great to use this as a base then add whatever other flavours you want! I decided to make Nutella to go with them this year which gave me the chocolately fix I was craving. This is a crunchy version of Nutella rather than smooth, which I rather liked! But if you want smooth you can strain the end mixture if you fancy.
For the Nutella
- 200g hazelnuts
- 8tbs water
- 2tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1tbs agave nectar
- 2tbs cocoa powder
- 60g sugar (I used demerara)
- Place hazelnuts in a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes (or so) in the middle of the oven at 180ºC
- Once they have turned brown remove them from the oven and remove their skins by rubbing them in a kitchen towel. I did it in batches as it was a lot easier! They should look like this :)
- After the skins have been removed place them in a food processor with the water and blast them, scraping down the side of the bowl at regular intervals, until they are as smooth as possible.
- Then add the coconut oil, nectar, cocoa powder, and sugar to the food processor. Process until fully combined. Add more water if it's too thick for your liking.
- Strain (optional)
- Place in a cute jar for photo opportunities
- 200g flour
- 375ml soya milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- 1tsp baking powder
- Add soya milk bit by bit to the flour in a mixing bowl/jug until smooth. Then add the baking powder. If the mixture is too thick for you add more milk until at desired consistency.
- You can decide how big you want your pancakes. I decided to make two extra large pancakes! :)