REVIEWS: THAI COCONUT CURRY
Recipe number 3 from the Deliciously Ella cookbook and it really is a delicious one! It is getting to Summer time but it's always curry season to me :) The coconut made it really creamy and the chili gave it a great kick. All around tasty and enjoyable, it's definitely one for my recipe keeper! And it was actually pretty simple to prepare.
- 2 x 400ml tins coconut milk
- 2 x 400ml tins chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 piece fresh ginger - peeled and grated
- 1-2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 large butternut squash (or 1kg of other vegetables - I used cauliflower)
- 2 medium aubergine (600g)
- handful of fresh corriander, finely chopped
- 1 x 400ml tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 tsp brown miso paste
- brown rice to serve
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees c
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, ginger, and chili into a (very) large saucepan and add the salt and pepper. Heat this until boiling.
- While it heats, Chop the veggies into bite-sized pieces and add to the pan.
- Cook the mixture for 30 minutes in the oven, then add the coriander , miso, and chickpeas to the pan and place back in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice